While even 15 minutes alone can make a difference to my sanity,
it's not enough time to read through long blog posts, never mind create them.
So this is my outlet for a quick fix.
Come take some M.O.D. time with me!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Surgical Drama

I have had an annoying number of throat maladies recently.
Tomorrow, I am seeing an ENT about a tonsilectomy.
I have heard several disturbing accounts of what this can entail. 
Google it. Eek.

But if it can mean the difference between 
Me as the Ickified Strep Mom:
versus Me as the Happified Non-strep Mom:
So worth it, right?!

UPDDATE: Doc says I am a good candidate for surgery, but I've decided to wait it out, hopefully forever. If I get strep one more time though, I may reconsider. Hooray for prolonging the, in the words of my doctor: "heinous sore throat and nasty recovery time!"

8 comments:

LisAway said...

Oh yes. Look at that. You will improve your children's life by 100%! :)

I'm sorry about your throat. :( It's so hard to do your job when you're feeling terrible. Wish you could really go off duty until you feel better. If you go for the surgical solution, I hope it's easier than you expect. I will NOT google it, but I thought it was very routine and you just have to drink your food for awhile.

Good luck!

FitNotQuitJess said...

I've told you it's not a walk in the park, in fact it was probably the most painful (physically) experience I have EVER gone though (worse than child birth, which you've done THREE TIMES) BUT 6 months later and you WILL be glad you did it! When you're kids start getting strep you won't have to worry about you getting it too!

((HUGS)) You can do it Andrea, you have AMAZING support! I will help in any way I can.

Heather said...

Right. Good luck.

tara said...

tonsilectomies are SO SO SO worth it!! do it...you will kiss your doctor. maybe. that's all i'm sayin.

The Lanyons said...

I had mine done around the time we were in massage school. And it was rough. I'm not gonna lie. My mom had to drive out from Oregon to take care of me because after several days I still couldn't eat/drink and needed to go back to the hospital for a drip. Wisdom teeth; no prob. C-section; no sweat. Tonsilectomy; no picnic. And I still get sore throats all the time. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear. Just trying to keep it real!

BernsteinBunch said...

I'm laughing right now. You do realize that you posted the same picture of yourself as the strep and non-strep mom...still laughing.

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Yes, I know it's the same picture. :) EXACTLY.

Lara said...

Yes, those pics had me dying. Comedic gold, Andrea. Gold.

Now when are we getting together? I need more gold in my life.

p.s. I just said a little prayer for you that you won't get strep again.