While even 15 minutes alone can make a difference to my sanity,
it's not enough time to read through long blog posts, never mind create them.
So this is my outlet for a quick fix.
Come take some M.O.D. time with me!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Somber Sunday: CouldaWouldaShoulda

There was a dead baby bird on the sidewalk today. More of a fetus, really. No feathers. Slimey. Fragile, tiny and sad. I wasn't sure if I wanted my kids to notice it, so I ushered them inside and promptly forgot about it.

I saw it again a few hours later and wondered if I should dispose of it somehow. But then my baby loudly reminded me that he was hungry, and I was off again.

Later this evening, as we were going out for a family walk, my 3-year-old pointed out a "pack of ants." They had found the bird. I felt terrible, especially when my son wanted to know what it was they were surrounding. Ugh. There wasn't anything I could have done to save the little guy, but I wish I would have done something to help it go out with more dignity.

2 comments:

FitNotQuitJess said...

It's nature, the circle of life. Not always pretty but does make us stop and think sometimes.

wendy said...

I have no answers for you on this one. We'd all like to go out with dignity I guess....human or animal.
BUT sometimes there is nothing to be done.....and it's the circle of life.....like in Lion King or something. (sheeeesh)